Online panel >> Quality control
ESOMAR 28 QUESTIONS TO HELP BUYERS OF ONLINE SAMPLES
1. What experience does your company have in providing online samples for market research?
Q survey was found in China in 2005 as a information technology company, we created our online panel and soon became the largest panelists in China, we developed technology, our panel are managed and hosted on our own system. By now, we successfully set up nearly 1million panelists in our activity website :www.1diaocha.com. we also executed three thousand online fieldwork projects for the global market and research agencies.
Our goal is dedicate to do the quickly and quality survey in China and set up the panelists in foreigh country to expand our business in global .
SAMPLE SOURCES AND RECRUITMENT
2. Please describe and explain the type(s) of online sample sources from which you get respondents. Are these databases? Actively managed research panels? Direct marketing lists? Social networks? Web intercept (also known as river) samples?
1) We recruit via online and offline ,we have an activity website ,our members click the key words in searching website just like Baidu and Google .we make advertisements in the internet sites to recruitment in after they can login 1diaocha website and do the registration questionnaire to became our members ,it will reward for the registers, the other way is members recommendation ,we will reward them whom recommend others to became members in our websites.
2) After registration and double check after we send check information via SMS, personal information or the profile information will be check half past year later, even update within one year.
3) project management teams only send email invitations to surveys,any other type of email communication is avoided in order to prevent confusion and respondent bias.
3. If you provide samples from more than one source: How are the different sample sources blended together to ensure validity? How can this be replicated over time to provide reliability? How do you deal with the possibility of duplication of respondents across sources?
QQsurvey uses samples from other providers only when due to external circumstances ,incidence rate becames lower than estimated ,preventing the full coverage of samples with our own resources.a
person can become a QQsurvey panel member by invitation only,so Multi-panel membership is avoided.
Finally ,we have Ip and cookie control .
4. Are your sample source(s) used solely for market research? If not, what other purposes are they used for?
QQsurvey panels are only used for market research ,our panel members exclusively receive invitations to market research surveys .
5. How do you source groups that may be hard to reach on the internet?
Thanks to our multisource recruitment method, it’s have panel introduction with incentives . We close agreements with local internet in different provinces . invite those members to be our panels .it were not possible to recruit them online we also third part phone –to web or other recruitment method.
6. If, on a particular project, you need to supplement your sample(s) with sample(s) from other providers, how do you select those partners? Is it your policy to notify a client in advance when using a third party provider?
Following the guidelines based on :
1) Quality (reliable of the data obtained by the suppliers ,methods used in its creation and panel management are most important .
2) Delivery (Feasibility to achieve big samples in the request countries )
4) Speed and Reliable
SAMPLING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
7. What steps do you take to achieve a representative sample of the target population?
Samples is recruit in a random way among the panellists who satisfy the requirements to participate in the project. This is made in proportion to the quotas of the project.
Yes ,the overall demographic distribution of our panels does not represent the general population of the country ,QQsurvey panel profile is adapted to the local demand of market research in China. it is possible to draw representatives samples of the national population by combining age ,gender ,region,education,and other sociodemographic criteria.
8. Do you employ a survey router?
9. If you use a router: Please describe the allocation process within your router. How do you decide which surveys might be considered for a respondent? On what priority basis are respondents allocated to surveys?
For difficult projects the panelist will access the questionnaire if the socio-demographic profile (age ,gender ,region ….)is the required and none of the relevant quotas has been fulfilled .
10. If you use a router: What measures do you take to guard against, or mitigate, any bias arising from employing a router? How do you measure and report any bias?
11. If you use a router: Who in your company sets the parameters of the router? Is it a dedicated team or individual project managers?
12. What profiling data is held on respondents? How is it done? How does this differ across sample sources? How is it kept up-to-date? If no relevant profiling data is held, how are low incidence projects dealt with?
Upon register ,we ask for compulsory basic sociodemographic information(personal data ,gender ,age .etc ) ,through our profiling surveys we add household demographics ,employment and company size etc .this is updated annually. And collected additional information .
13. Please describe your survey invitation process. What is the proposition that people are offered to take part in individual surveys? What information about the project itself is given in the process? Apart from direct invitations to specific surveys (or to a router), what other means of invitation to surveys are respondents exposed to? You should note that not all invitations to participate take the form of emails.
No survey topic
No communication on survey length or amount of the incentives in order to avoid bias .
14. Please describe the incentives that respondents are offered for taking part in your surveys. How does this differ by sample source, by interview length, by respondent characteristics?
Members of QQsurvey receive redeemable points for every survey they complete ,also for those where they are screened or filtered out .points are exchanged by Alipay or different gifts .
15. What information about a project do you need in order to give an accurate estimate of feasibility using your own resources?
To give the accurate estimated viability we need :
1) Number of completes required.
3) Field work time
4) Detailed information of the project specification.
16. Do you measure respondent satisfaction? Is this information made available to clients?
No methods to measure the respondent satisfaction are the evolution of the response rates,the number of gifts exchange etc .
17. What information do you provide to debrief your client after the project has finished?
2 samples introduction
3 FW time
4 data format
5 Response rate and incentive rate
DATA QUALITY AND VALIDATION
18. Who is responsible for data quality checks? If it is you, do you have in place procedures to reduce or eliminate undesired within survey behaviours, such as (a) random responding, (b) Illogical or inconsistent responding, (c) overuse of item non-response (e.g. “Don’t Know”) or (d) speeding (too rapid survey completion)? Please describe these procedures.
The project manager is the data quality responsible ,control is performed on the following aspects :
Checking and consisting sex and age data request in survey and registraction. Monitor the time required to complete the survey . Checking the answers in open questions and answer time
19. How often can the same individual be contacted to take part in a survey within a specified period whether they respond to the contact or not? How does this vary across your sample sources?
A panelist can’t receive more than three survey invitation every 5days ,the average invitations during 2013 was 3 each 15days .
20. How often can the same individual take part in a survey within a specified period? How does this vary across your sample sources? How do you manage this within categories and/or time periods?
they can take part in a survey within 5days .we try to send the invitations to those panellists who are not very active.
21. Do you maintain individual level data such as recent participation history, date of entry, source, etc., on your survey respondents? Are you able to supply your client with a project analysis of such individual level data?
Following ESOMAR specifications, QQsurvey collects individual data information and analysis panels behaviour to improve its incentive standard, provide the confidential data to our clients, includes quality answer data etc,. Monitoring the data collection.
22. Do you have a confirmation of respondent identity procedure? Do you have procedures to detect fraudulent respondents? Please describe these procedures as they are implemented at sample source registration and/or at the point of entry to a survey or router. If you offer B2B samples what are the procedures there, if any?
Context: Confirmation of identity can increase quality by decreasing multiple entries, fraudulent panellists etc.
Yes, panel numbers with inconsistent data in the data fields(name, address, E-mail etc.) They will not be invited until identification confirmed. We use control via cookies and IP to ensure that different panels, don’t access from same computer. There are no difference between consumers or business samples.
POLICIES AND COMPLIANCE
23. Please describe the ‘opt-in for market research’ processes for all your online sample sources.
Context: The opt-in process indicates the respondents’ relationship with the sample source provider. The market generally makes a distinction between single and double opt-in. Double opt-in refers to the process by which a check is made to confirm that the person joining a panel or database wishes to be a member and understands what to expect (in advance of participating in an actual survey for a paying client).
25. Please describe the measures you take to ensure data protection and data security.
Our data base hosted in high security facilities in China ,also set up high security password.
26. What practices do you follow to decide whether online research should be used to present commercially sensitive client data or materials to survey respondents?
No 100% reliable method to protect confidential client material .QQsurvey use the following security actions :
Avoid survey’s print
27. Are you certified to any specific quality system? If so, which one(s)?
Follow ISO 26362
28. Do you conduct online surveys with children and young people? If so, do you adhere to the standards that ESOMAR provides? What other rules or standards, for example COPPA in the United States, do you comply with?
QQsurvey allows the registration of people under 18years old only with their parental consent . Uaually ,for youth study ,we often target their parents instead of themselves .
Address: 912 Room,jindu Building,NO.277 Wuxing Road,Shanghai
Zip code: 200030
Tel: +8621 5237 9150
Fax: +8621 5237 9151-816
Address:Address: A320，Block F，WangJing International Centre，No 9 WangJing Street，ChaoYang District，Beijing
Zip code: 100020
Fax: +8610 65188681
Contact person: Emma Qian
Tel：+8621 5237 9150-828
Fax：+8621 5237 9151-816